About LAB Ventures
LAB Miami Ventures (LV), a PropTech-focused VC fund and Startup Studio, is looking for a Venture Associate. Our office is located at The LAB Miami in Wynwood - this is a full time, in person position.
As a startup studio, we build new companies from scratch and have a portfolio of different companies with different challenges, making work at LV dynamic exciting & challenging. The studio’s main focus is building disruptive companies that solve big problems in the real estate and construction industries. Our small but fiesty team includes development, UI/UX, growth marketing, venture associates roles - and we are looking for the right person to help us grow and support our current portfolio!
In addition, we recently launched a rolling fund on Angel List which invests in seed and pre-seed PropTech startups.
LAB Ventures is looking for an energetic, driven professional to help us screen investment candidates and to participate in the due diligence of proposed investments. You will also help validate, launch, grow and scale new Proptech-related businesses. You will need to have strong analytical skills and relevant business, finance, investment and marketing experience.
In addition, a real estate background and / or strong understanding and passion for the industry is highly recommended.
This is a great opportunity to get in at the ground floor of exciting new Startups, with the support of some of Miami’s most successful entrepreneurs. The right candidate will be smart, analytical and ambitious. You’re also results-oriented, positive, energetic and self-motivated. You do whatever needs to be done; you know that it takes hard work, dedication and persistence to reach your goals. Working at LAB Ventures requires passion, creativity, flexibility and dedication.
- Screen startups for potential investment from the fund
- Participate in due diligence process of potential investment candidates, write investment memos and investor updates
- Market analysis: online research, market interviews, consumer research, etc.
- Competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Work with the LV leadership team to brainstorm new business opportunities
- Create business plans and go-to-market strategies for new ventures
- Support the development of fundraising materials (pitch decks, financial models, etc.) for studio companies and support the fundraising / investor outreach process
- Serve as a Project / Product Manager, keeping track of and reporting on project status, budgets, KPIS, etc.
- At least a bachelor’s degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative field - MBA preferred
- Highly quantitative, ability to build complex financial models
- At least three years work experience in an analytical role
- Experience with financial analysis, market research, and competitive benchmarking
- Familiar with online research tools and tech industry sources (e.g. Crunchbase, Tracxn, Pitchbook, etc)
- Fluency in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Interest in technology / startups (particularly Proptech / Real Estate)
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Startup or Venture Capital experience required
- Knowledge of software development is a plus
- First hand startup experience in our fast-growing, venture backed company;
- You will learn everyday while working with a great organization with an entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- You will be based in Wynwood, the coolest neighborhood in Miami;
- You will be surrounded by some of the leading entrepreneurs in Miami;
- Direct contact with the senior management team;
- Involvement in strategic decisions of the company;
- Quick growth & exposure to all areas of the business;
- Competitive salary with health insurance
LAB Miami Ventures is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to hiring and supporting amazing people from historically underrepresented communities in the technology sector.